Thursday, October 24, 2013

Boo!! Halloween Deco Arts Canvas

As many of my friends know, I absolutely LOVE Halloween. It is tied with Christmas for BEST holiday in my book. That fact was in my head after I was named a Deco Art Blogger. What can I do for Halloween??

I decided on a canvas, and thankfully Deco Art thought it was a good idea.
Here is what I designed with the products they sent me:


I had so much fun just letting go and painting this canvas.


Supplies Used:
Steps:
  1. Tear tissue paper into random pieces and crumple up to make it wrinkly.

  2. Decou-Page tissue paper to front of 12x12 black canvas. Let dry.
  3. Squirt both oranges and white paint on front of canvas and blend together.
  4. While canvas is still wet - draw a spooky tree with the end of a paint brush. Dry.
  5. Paint entire canvas with Glow in the dark paint. (After all of the other painting this does not glow a whole lot, but it does shine a little in the dark)
  6. Paint spooky tree over etched tree. Dry.
  7. Darken edges of canvas with more black and add white and black sprays of paint all over front of canvas.
  8. When completely dry seal with gloss sealer.
I think my first attempt at a spooky tree was pretty successful. I love that it is obviously a Halloween canvas, but without the overt Halloween symbols like a pumpkin or witch.





A bonus Behind The Scenes shot of me, a mom, trying to take photos on a Midwest gloomy day. (Notice the kids poptarts left out beyond my backdrop? LOL)


Well, I hope you enjoyed my take on a Halloween canvas. Please everyone have a safe, creative, fun, and spooky Halloween week.

Lori





2 comments:

mytherapyroom said...

Lori, I love this canvas! The background is amazing and the tree....uh huh.....fabulous!!
Yvonne

Eliza said...

Lori,

Totally amazing page, I love it everything about it, congratulations on your masterpiece

Eliza